Sunday 25 November 2012

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Picture
It has been two weeks since I've posted anything. They have been two frickin' hectic weeks. I started back to school and my husband turned 30. To celebrate, I decided to throw him an 80s themed party. He was born in 1982, so I thought it would be fitting. It was a costume party. The men seemed to head to value village and come out with a plethora of graphic t-shirts fitting for the decade. The women, however, all bought their outfits. New. At the mall. I bought an off-the-shoulder hot pink sweater, hot pink fishnet stockings, black legwarmers, hot pink lightning bold dangly earrings and hot pink leopard print glasses with a bow. I looked like a neon slut, but it was a blast.

I went way overboard with the food, but it means we'll be in leftovers for a week, and the leftovers will be damn good because there was melted cheese in almost everything...and cheese makes everything good. There was drunken twister in the basement, Michael Jackson to dance to, Nerds and Fundip, and I made PacMan cupcakes. How often do you get to make PacMan cupcakes? Everyone got neon slot glasses and jelly bracelets.

The husband hooked up his Atari 2600 to the 80" plasma TV (it was so terrible, but oh so good). Everyone had fun. I had fun planning it. At one point one of the guests said, "have you decided what you want to be when you grow up yet? Because you should be an event planner." which is the same thing my wedding photographer said when he saw my wedding. What can I say? I love planning parties. If I could plan events and write smutty romance all day, I would be one happy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment