Thursday 24 January 2013

So Many Projects...

Last night, my phone buzzed at 9:30. It was my boss letting me know he needed me to work this morning. I had planned to stay up studying/writing and had had a double cup of coffee at 6. I tried to go to bed at midnight. I really did, but my mind was racing and I couldn't seem to shut it down. I read J.P. Barnaby's Mastering the Ride (pretty good, by the way), but I still wasn't tired, so I spent the next three hours plotting out a new novel in my head.
The plan was to get home from work, write down what I had thought about and then set it to the side until I finished Ironhearted. It didn't work out so well. I can't seem to get it out of my head. Part of the problem might be that it's centered around dance, and now that I've started thinking about it again, it's hard to stop. Ten years ago, my entire life revolved around dancing. It was who I was, then life got busy and university happened and it fell to the side. I haven't been inside a studio in years, but I still dream about it. I miss it. And now the prospect of being able to recreate those feelings is making me itchy to write.
I don't want to abandon Trevor and Haydn though. Their story isn't even close to being finished and the other two couples are waiting for me to finish the third book before submitting. I have a lot of work to do and such a short time to finish it all. Now really isn't a great time for another project to creep in, but that is exactly what has happened.
And rather than tackling one or the other I am on here, rambling about it. Is there an award for worst use of time? I think I could be a contender.
I did manage to get a couple of the casting couch interviews set up to post though. They're going to be so good. I am so excited about having so many authors participating. It makes the weeks leading up to Keeping Sweets' release that much less painful now that I have something to look forward to for all those days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment